April Tech Tips
Friday, April 28th
Google Chrome Sign-in
1. Start Google Chrome
2. Click on the little person on top of the title bar.
3. Click on "Sign in to Chrome".
4. Enter your QPS email (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. Enter your QPS password in the indicated field.
5a. If your password seems to not work, you most likely need to change your district password so it will sync to Google.
- If sign-in isn't working, change your district password by following the steps detailed here: CHANGE YOUR DISTRICT NETWORK PASSWORD
- After changing your password, try the above steps again.
6. Select "Link Data".
7. Done! That's it!
Friday, April 21st
Polyvision Eno Board Basics
Friday, April 14th
To all QPS staff and students: If your district network password has been reset for any reason:
- In order to prevent your account from getting locked out due to bad password attempts, go into the settings of each device you've connected to BYOD, and forget the QPS-BYOD network.
- Any BYOD device that has been connected with your old password will continuously attempt to log into the network with your old password when the network is in range.
- After 7 unsuccessful login attempts, your account will automatically be locked out in accordance with security policies.
- As soon as you have forgotten the network on your BYOD device, you can rejoin QPS-BYOD with your new password. This will be valid until your next password change.
Friday, April 7th
QPS offers a variety of Instructional Technology tools for students and teachers. The DIT Quick Reference Guide offers a brief description of the various IT tools, and who has access. In addition, there are examples of when these tools could be used, and instructions for accessing each tool.